Looking for a great place to fish? Come and check out our newest Community Recreation addition: "The Pier!" The Pier extends 90 feet out into the water and some of our fishermen have reported catching bass, catfish, and crappie. PLEASE NOTE: Boat docking at the pier is for MWR boats and supplies only. If you would like to rent boat slip space by day or month, please check out The Landing.
The Pier also features an ADA compliant canoe/kayak launch. For assistance and info on how to use and access the launch, please call Community Rec at (817) 913-2388 or visit BLDG 3328.
"The Pier" Rules:
- In case of emergency dial 9-1-1
- No lifeguard on duty
- No swimming or diving from the dock
- No climbing or sitting on the railing
- No flammable lanterns, stoves, grills, or other equipment
- No glass of any kind
- No smoking allowed
- No pets
- No fish cleaning
- Please do not feed wildlife
- Please dispose of all trash properly
- Please dispose of fishing line properly. It can kill wildlife
- FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED. Always follow TPWD Fishing Regulations
The Texas Department of State Health Services today updated a fish consumption advisory for Lake Worth in Tarrant County due to unsafe levels of dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls, or PCBs, in certain species of fish.
DSHS tested tissue samples from fish as part of a re-evaluation of the lake. Concentrations of dioxins and PCBs in blue catfish, common carp, flathead catfish, freshwater drum, smallmouth buffalo, striped bass and white bass exceed DSHS health guidelines and pose a risk to people who consume them.
DSHS now recommends people limit or avoid consumption of these species as outlined HERE